top of page

LIVE Talk

Public·30 members
Nikifor Seliverstov
Nikifor Seliverstov

Free Florida Drivers License Template |VERIFIED|

Per slowpokeiv's comments above, we should develop standards for drivers and others who achieved notability in NASCAR outside of the three national touring series now considered major. We also need a different template than the active/retired/deceased infoboxes, which focus stats only on the Cup level. For inclusion criteria, I'd suggest:

Free Florida Drivers License Template

I found a huge collection of free use images from the Florida Photographic Collection at [3]. They use the tag: Flphoto I've added them to quite a few drivers' pages. They are all pictures taken in Florida. There are images available from the Daytona 500 in 1962, the Daytona Beach Road Course. It's a nice resource for 1960's and earlier drivers. You may even find newer drivers. You just need to give the site their props. Royalbroil 04:20, 14 March 2006 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The image used apparently wasn't free use (see Template:WikiProject NASCAR and Template:User WP NASCAR). A taxicab was swapped in, but that didn't work at all for me. Any other suggestions for what image to use? Picking a certain driver probably would be too controversial, so I picked the image on the NASCAR page that has lots of drivers. Royalbroil 03:12, 25 April 2006 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Under SAFTEA-LU, HOV to HOT conversions were mainstreamed. This project type will now be implemented under 23 U.S.C. 166. "HOT" is the acronym for "High Occupancy/Toll". On HOT lanes, low-occupancy vehicles are charged a toll, while High-Occupancy Vehicles (HOVs) are allowed to use the lanes for free or at a discounted toll rate. HOT lanes create an additional category of eligibility for travelers wanting to use HOV lanes, since drivers can be eligible to use the facility either by meeting its minimum passenger requirement, or by choosing to pay a toll to gain access to the HOV lane.

The I-25 HOV/tolled Express Lanes opened in June 2006, marking the first time solo drivers could legally access the existing HOV lanes (along I-25 from US 36 into downtown) by paying a toll. Carpools, buses and motorcycles continue to use the lanes toll-free as long as they are in the lane marked "HOV" when they pass through the toll collection point near 58th Avenue. That is the only time there is a designated lane for HOVs and for toll paying vehicles. Toll rates for the I-25 Express Lanes vary by time of day to ensure the lanes remain free-flowing. Toll collection is electronic only, with an EXpressToll transponder. No cash is accepted. Visit www.expresstoll.com. The underutilized HOV lanes are now being maximized giving motorists another option to escape traffic congestion. The purpose of the I-25 Express Lanes is not to generate revenue but rather to cover expenses such as maintenance and snow removal that was previously paid for by taxpayers.

"FAIR" lanes stands for "Fast and Intertwined Regular" lanes. Multiple freeway lanes are separated, typically using plastic pylons and striping, into two sections: "fast" lanes and "regular" lanes. The fast lanes would be electronically tolled express lanes, where tolls could change dynamically to manage demand. In the remaining unpriced lanes, drivers whose vehicles were equipped with transponders would be compensated with credits that would be based on the tolls in effect at the time they traveled, and would be established at a percentage of the toll rate.

The 91 Express Lanes opened in December 1995 as a four-lane toll facility in the median of a 10-mile section of one of the most heavily congested highways in the U.S., the Riverside / State 91 freeway. Toll revenues have been adequate to pay for construction and operating costs. The toll lanes are separated from the general purpose lanes by a painted buffer and plastic channelizers. In the toll schedule effective August 2005, tolls on the express lanes vary between $1.10 and $7.75, with the tolls set by time of day to reflect the level of congestion delay avoided in the adjacent free lanes, and to maintain free-flowing traffic conditions on the toll lanes. All vehicles must have a "FasTrakTM" transponder to travel on the express lanes. Beginning in May 2003, vehicles with three or more occupants travel free except when traveling Eastbound, Monday through Friday between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., when they pay 50 percent of the regular toll. This policy also applies to individuals on a motorcycle. Other toll discount offers are extended to zero-emission vehicles and vehicles with disabled person's license plates.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page